What Are Lessons Like? Technology in the piano lesson.
Today’s piano lessons can be very different from those the parent may have taken as a child. Here at Campman Piano Studio, we recognize that today’s child is connected to the digital world, so piano lessons can incorporate apps to capture their interest.
Here is a sampling:
- Piano Adventures Player is an app version of the lesson book with play-a-long tracks, built in metronome and many other featurs for added education and enjoyment. PianoAdventures.com
- Better Practice App: Your child “taps in” to their assignment, their practice time is automatically logged, they can ask the teacher questions in chat, send recordings, and get compliments. BetterPracticeApp.com
- Practice can be recorded in Better Practice and sent to the teacher. This helps validate correct practice, increases confidence in performance, and builds a musical portfolio for sharing with anyone from grandparents to college applications.
- Note reading apps replace old fashioned flash cards with fun games and choice of several themes and levels.
- Musical creativity is fostered with no-cost composing apps such as Noteflight. Noteflight.com
- Skype to the rescue for car emergency or minor illness!￼
- Questions about our program? Contact Us